Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Lazy weekend, Rotten day

After busting my butt all last week, I decided to take the weekend off from cleaning. I had a bunch of leftovers ready to go, we were going out one night anyway, and the house was more or less spotless.

Spotless no more.

I really had planned on getting back on track today, but D got hives head to toe in the morning. This produced a flurry of googling and facebooking, both equally useless and fruitless. Then just before I got dinner in the oven, N got the biggest splinter I've ever seen in her big toe. No kidding, the local health center wanted me to take her to the ER so they could numb it or sedate her. My father in law came over to try to help, but it wasn't budging. Since going to the ER at 6pm wasn't a very attractive prospect, I opted to pop in her doctor's office in the morning. After D went to bed (still hivey) I decided to take a crack at it. One needle and 20 minutes later, success! Nice.

N ate frozen fish sticks, D had boiled chicken, and I'm getting ready to eat freezer pizza. The house looks like a bomb went off and I could fall asleep right now. For the sake of my blog and my goals, let's pretend today never happened.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

consider it forgotten... hope today is going well and that dory is feeling better!